I eat breakfast every single day, not only because it is the most important meal of the day, but also because without it, I feel sluggish and nauseated.
However, breakfast has always been my least favorite meal of the day. Now that I have all of this summer break free time, I’ve been spending time trying to find fun and delicious breakfast recipes to spice up my mornings! (Check out two other breakfast ideas: Eggs in a Basket and Belgian Waffles)
I found this brilliant idea on Pinterest. I used to just pin a variety of amazing ideas to my boards and tell myself, “I have to try this one day!” and then never do it. I want to start trying out more of these ideas and bringing them to life! These battered fruit rings are one of them! 🙂
- Apples, pears, and/or pineapple
- Your favorite pancake mix
- Heat 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium heat
- Follow your pancake mix directions and blend all your ingredients together in a large bowl
- Core and slice your fruit (make sure they are thinly sliced, approximately a quarter of an inch. Ours were too thick, and while it worked out fine, some cooked unevenly)
- Dip fruit rings one at a time into batter and place them on your hot skillet
- Cook until deep golden brown on each side (like pancakes)
- Serve fruit rings with warm maple syrup
We used apples, but both pears and pineapples can be used as well! They were super interesting because normally, a crunch in each bite of your pancake isn’t expected. Yum yum yum!
Let me know how it goes if you try it out!