Yet again, another pumpkin recipe.
The Internet is literally bursting at the seams with pumpkin recipes. Yet, here I am adding another pumpkin recipe to the mix. I’m ok with this. Are you ok with this?
Most of the pumpkin recipes I see overwhelming my Pinterest feed are rich, decadent desserts. So, I figured I’d switch it up with a savory dish.
Enter, pumpkin alfredo:
- 1 1/2 cups Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 lb. pasta (I used whole wheat linguine)
- Fresh shredded parmesan for serving
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta well and set aside.
- In the same pot that you boiled the pasta, add the alfredo, pumpkin, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper. Stir ingredients well. Heat over medium heat until warmed through.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and coat well. Add the spinach, and allow it to wilt from the heat of the sauce.
- Serve pasta immediately with a sprinkling of fresh parmesan.
This Pumpkin Alfredo is yummy! I’m not a huge alfredo fan. I find white sauces to be heavy and in general, but the pumpkin in this alfredo lightens the sauce somehow. And since there’s pumpkin, it’s perfect for fall! If you’re opposed to pre-prepared alfredo sauce, feel free to make your own!
I think this dish would have been even better if I used a smaller pasta such as rigatoni or bow tie, and if I added paprika and red pepper flakes. The smoky flavors would have knocked this pasta to an entire new level!
I loaded up on the parmesan cheese. The cheese melted from the heat of the pasta making it ooey and gooey. Mm mmm mmm.