Two words that are music to my ears. If something has those two ingredients in it, I’m bound to love every last drool-inducing bite.
Let’s just say, this morning, I drooled. Now, I want us to drool together.
I present to you:
I knew I had to find a way to combine these two beloved ingredients, and I did it.
My sweet and softened potatoes paired with a perfectly ripened, creamy avocado, swimming in two baked sunny-side up eggs was an egg-cellent way to start my morning! 😉
- 1 medium sweet potato or yam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in a skillet for 25 minutes, flipping once during cooking process.
- Remove skillet from oven.
- Make 2 one inch areas without sweet potatoes. Crack eggs into hot skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 5 minutes, or until eggs are set to your desired level (if you leave them in the pan after removing from oven, they will continue to cook.)
- Top skillet with diced avocado, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to increase amount of potatoes and eggs to increase serving size.
This is fully customizable, so feel free to add any type of vegetable, meat (Does Bacon Make Everything Better?: A Novel), legume, or spice! Go crazy! Turn my simple dish into a culinary Jackson Pollock!
I hope I have convinced you to join my drooling party. Actually, on second though, that sounds a bit gross. Hehe.