Are you watching The Oscars tonight? I have the perfect snack for you to munch on!
Ditch the deep fryer and preheat your oven for a healthy alternative to french fries baked to crisp perfection!
- 2 cups of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine Panko and parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Working in batches, coat asparagus in flour, then into the eggs, and then into the Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- 4. Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Munch munch munch. 🙂
Are you watching The Oscars? Have you seen any of the nominated films? Who/what do you want to win? Are you eating asparagus fries?
P.S. Rosamund Pike deserves to win that Oscar.